Recently I posted a question, asking readers what ten books I should buy this weekend. I just finished writing a book on Friday night, and I’ve been planning to treat myself to a book buying binge as a reward.
You gave me so many wonderful recommendations! Many of them I had already read and loved. Many I hadn’t heard of before, so I added them to my TBR list, and still others were upcoming releases by favorite authors, so I was very happy to put them on my wish list to purchase at a later date.
Several of you also asked for me to post what I ended up buying, so here’s my list! As you’ll see, it’s a bit eclectic.
1. Dr. Sleep, Stephen King (it’s been a long time since I’ve read a King novel, and I’ve heard this one is really good)
2. Waking Kate, by Sarah Addison Allen (I found this one free on Kindle!!)
3. Queen of Swords, by Katee Robert
4. The Countess Conspiracy, by Courtney Milan (I’m very fortunate to have Courtney as one of my friends, and I’ve been dying to get my hands on this one!)
5. Maid for Love, by Marie Force (another one that was free on Kindle!!)
6. Poison Study, by Marie Snyder (I’ve been wanting to read this one for a while now!)
7. Master of Crows, by Grace Draven
8. Kindling the Moon, by Jenn Bennett
9. The Professional, (part 1), by Kresley Cole – mostly I had to buy this because I’m really intrigued by the fact it’s a serial, but I’m not really counting it as one of the ten I had intended to buy
10. Angelfall, by Susan Ee
11. The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion (this one looks really charming!)
oh you got the poison study series! its quite good! we read it in my book club! cant wait to hear if you liked it!
Dr. Sleep was really good. I admit that I had never read The Shining but I still enjoyed Dr. Sleep.
You will LOVE Master of Crows!
I don’t know what books were recommended to you but you really should read Anne Bisop’s books Written in Red and Murder of Crows. They are the first two books in her new series and they are excellent.